The National Association of School Nurses defines school nursing as a specialized practice of professional nursing that advances the well-being, academic success, and life-long achievement of students.
The School Nurse:
- Facilitates positive student responses to normal development for students in a manner that contributes to their care, growth, and development.
- Promotes health and safety for all students in The School.
- Intervenes with actual and potential health problems and provides case management services.
- Actively collaborates with others to build student and family capacity for adaptation, self management, self advocacy, and learning.
- Makes sure the SABIS® philosophy, systems, policies and procedures are properly implemented and adhered to.
This information is not an exhaustive list of the duties performed for this position. Additional duties are performed by individuals currently holding this position and additional duties may be assigned.
- This is an academic year exempt position.
- Education and licensure requirements in compliance with local regulations
- Professional Liability Insurance requirements must be maintained
- Leadership and team management skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational and self-management skills; Ability to handle multiple responsibilities effectively
- Goal orientation; Planning and execution skills
- Problem solving abilities
- Dependability; Readiness to go above and beyond when necessary to reach goals
Must meet all employment requirements including, but not limited to, country and local education and certification requirements, reference checks, and criminal background checks; must maintain Professional Liability Insurance